Click here to go to our Used Forklift Dealership Site: www.bahrnstoyotalift.com
Most of the time if you hear the words “used forklift,” you probably think of a thoroughly abused, poorly maintained piece of equipment that you might spend more time working on than you will using it. Here at Bahrns Equipment, along with our Bahrns ToyotaLift of Illinois division, we aim to change that. We feel that a used forklift should be a top option for any business in need of a financially feasible forklift option on a tight budget.
We carry a variety of used forklift models, from Class I through Class V. The capacities of what we carry range from light-duty units that can handle up to 2,000 pounds, all the way up to heavy-duty lifts that can handle up to 17,500 pounds. The models available run on electric, gas, propane - even diesel. This variety means finding a used forklift to fit your needs should be a breeze.
In order to make sure that we change your mind on just how good a used forklift can be, our trained technicians go through a lengthy checklist and thoroughly test each forklift before we offer them for sale. These tests include:
- A compression check to make sure the engine is producing the right amount of power.
- A brake check that ensures the forklift is within OEM specifications for stopping ability.
- Hydraulic load tests to make sure the forklift can lift its rated capacity – because an underpowered forklift is not as useful.
- A mast channel check to make sure the lift masts can be raised and lowered without being impeded or without danger from excessive wear.
- Checking the electrical charging system, because an electric forklift that does not charge or takes an excessive amount of time to charge can slow down the work force.
- Check of steering systems to look for slack and accuracy, also to take a look at tire wear.
Bahrns technicians check out all of these areas and more, and will replace and repair what needs to be taken care of to provide a high-quality, reconditioned piece of machinery that can help your business out. Almost all used forklifts from Bahrns ToyotaLift come with a warranty that will cover the forklift for the near future.
Those same technicians who make sure that the used forklift is in great shape for you will be there for the life of the forklift, for repairs and maintenance. They will be able to help you make sure that your investment stays in working order for the long term.
The staff at Bahrns ToyotaLift, a division of Bahrns Handling and Equipment, is waiting to help you find the right used forklift for your task. Whether you are a small company in need of a relatively inexpensive forklift to get started with, or a large warehouse looking for something suited for a particular task, a used forklift is a great place to start. You can call or e-mail our customer service staff or you can stop by one of our two convenient locations – Effingham in Southern Illinois and St. Joseph in Central Illinois – to see how a used forklift can work for your company.